Brief History Of The Clock Tower
A clock tower and former pin factory built in 1743 as part of William Champion's Warmley Brass Works. Its sobriquet of the "Slab" is derived from "Arts Laboratory". The three storey building is built of rubble with black slag quoins. The main part of the building has a hipped pantiled roof. The actual tower is set forward and has a saddleback gabled pantile roof. The tower also has slag quoins which may have formerly been components from an annealing oven. the upper storey houses an 18th century bell and a clock with an octagonal external dial.
The clock tower is linked to a single storey structure to the west, the lower part of which is built of black slag worked to ashlar, also with black slag quoins. The building is now a community centre and is a Listed Building.